Photo of the day Thursday 27th September – Not the Quality Spa Resort Hotel, Norefjell.
Thought for the day ….” Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician.
Being a chocoholic, I found some interesting facts about chocolate…..
1. One plain milk chocolate candy bar has more protein than a banana.
2. Ten percent of U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance of iron is found in one ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa. Chocolate also contains Vitamins A1, B1, B2, C, D and E as well as calcium, potassium, sodium and iron.
3. The botanical name of the chocolate plant is Theobramba cacao, which means “Food of the Gods.”
4. The melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature — which is why it literally melts in your mouth.
5. The Swiss consume more chocolate per capita than any other nation on earth. That’s 22 pounds each compared to 11 pounds per person in the United States.
6. Chocolate produces the effects of a mild anti-depressant by increasing serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain.
7. Chocolate helps prevent bad cholestrol. Chocolate is rich in phenolics, the same heart protective antioxidants found in wine. In fact, 1.5 ounces of chocolate -the amount of a typical chocolate bar – has as many phenolitcs as a glass of red wine. These chemicals help lower the risk of heart disease and prevent clot-like substances from clogging arteries.
8. Boosts the Brain – A brain imaging study on healthy women at Britain’s University of Nottingham found flavanol-rich cocoa increased blood flow to their brains for two to three hours. Researchers believe cocoa could benefit older adults with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
ALL good reasons to eat more chocolate !!! And here is the photo of the day…..a bus passenger in Ethiopia.